A weekly meme done by Booking Through Thursday
1. What’s your favorite time of day to read?
Evening, or anytime when it’s raining or snowing.
2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.)
Absolutely not. I used to back when I was in school and missed the bus quite a few times so my mom implemented the no reading before school rule. I still follow the rule today because otherwise I would probably be late to work.
3. What’s your favorite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.)
4. How many hours a day would you say you read?
It varies by the day but I probably average about 2 hours a day.
5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?
I probably read about the same.
6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader?
I guess so. I don’t make a point of reading fast, but I do it naturally, and I find it hard to slow myself down.
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
The ability to stop time, a la Out of This World (a TV show from the 80’s). I’ve always thought this was so cool. Think of how much stuff you could get done!
8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go?
Yes, on my phone.
9. What KIND of book?
Any genre, but mildly interesting book. Enough to maintain my interest, but not so much that I need to finish it when I get home.
10. How old were you when you got your first library card?
13 or 14. I used my mom’s before that.
11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?)
Oldest copyright – Romeo and Juliet (1597)
12. Do you read in bed?
13. Do you write in your books?
Only in textbooks.
14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?
Don’t worry if you’re not loving the book that everyone else seems to love. Everyone’s tastes in literature vary, and a good book for one person may not be good for you. Everyone was raving about The Alchemist and I just didn’t get it. At the same time I loved Confessions of a Shopaholic and I don’t know many other people who did. Every reader is just as unique as every writer!
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Moving… but don’t worry, I’ll still be around! - February 20, 2017
- Review * #famous by Jilly Gagnon - February 13, 2017
- Review * My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - February 6, 2017