Top Ten Tuesday (3) Book Club Books
This weeks topic: Top Ten Books I Think Would Make Great Book Club Picks
I belong to a book club and picking out a good book to discuss is tough work. You want to pick out a good book, but you also need to pick out a book that has something worthwhile to discuss. The first five books on my list are ones that I’ve read for my book club that have lead to good discussions. I’ve put them in order of how good I thought the discussion was (best to worst).
1. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters. This was probably the best book discussion our book club has ever had. And this book has one of the biggest WTF moments in a book ever.
2. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
4. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
5. Spooky Little Girl by Laurie Notaro
These are books that I haven’t read for book club but I think would lead to a good discussion.
6. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
8. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
9. Looking for Alaska by John Green
10. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
So many other books could have made this list!