This weeks topic: Top Ten Books I’d Quickly Save If My House Was Going To Be Abducted By Aliens (or any other natural disaster…you get the drift).
I can be fairly selfish so all the books on my list are books I want to save for me. I’m not really feeling inclined at the moment to save books that are important for mankind… that can be someone else’s responsibility.
1. My eReader.
I know what you’re thinking. That’s cheating! But if it looks like a book (I can justify this to myself because it opens like a book) and acts like a book, it’s a book.
2. My yearbooks. Lame, I know. But it’s my history, and they’re not replaceable.
3. The Mysterious Code (Trixie Belden #7)
by Kathryn Kenny. I’d really like to have the whole series but if I had to pick just one this one is my favorite. My grandma gave them to my mom (these were the books that got her into reading) and she passed them on to me. Books #1-10 are first edition (published 1948 – 1962) with the cellophane covers. Which I peeled off. And I still regret not taking care of these books.
4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
by JK Rowling. Again, I’d like the whole series, but if I could only grab one it would be this one. It’s hard to pick a favorite in this series but 1-3 are short, 6 is my least favorite, 7 made me cry to much. It’s a toss up between 4 and 5. (I’m now contacting 6 other reliable people so that we can each have an assigned book to grab if the end of the world is coming. I can’t believe I didn’t think of this before.)
5. Confessions of a Shopaholic
by Sophie Kinsella. If I’m being abducted by aliens or the world is going to end. I’m gonna need something to laugh at.
6. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. This book is seriously awesome and even though it’s part of a trilogy the ending is satisfying enough as a stand alone.
7. Flowers in the Attic by VC Andrews. I need this book to make me feel better about my situation. It’s sick and twisted and whatever I’m going through can’t possibly be as bad as this.
8. Four Tragedies: Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, Julius Caesar, Hamlet
by William Shakespeare. Ok, the only play I’ve read in this book is Romeo and Juliet but it’s my favorite love story ever. This book is also special because it’s the only book I remember my grandma giving me and
9. Diverget by Veronica Roth. One of my new favorites. I could read this book over and over.
10. The Client by John Grisham. One of my old favorites. This book never gets old for me.
So, what are the books that you are going to save?