Kate at Midnight Book Girl has started a new feature on Sunday mornings to share with everyone what you’re reading in bed Sunday morning before getting to the days activities.
I don’t typically read when I get up on Sunday, I usually head off to church and read for a bit when I get home. Today I have a couple of choices and I’m just not sure yet what I want to read.
Between by Jessica Warman. Between was so not what I was expecting and I’m just not feeling it right now. It reminds me a lot of one of my favorite Christopher Pike books that I read when I was a kid. Between is not a DNF book or anything, I’m just not really feeling it right now.
Partials by Dan Wells. So far I’m really liking this book, and in my original post this was the book of choice. But then the mail came and I got a package from Erin (Cullens to Classics) which contains a book that I am so incredibly excited to read and I know I’d rather read that book. The only problem is that I have a list of things that I’d like to get done today and I fear if I pick up that book I won’t get anything done.
I will probably stick with Partials but I may feel extra motivated when I get home and start on my list instead.
* I was not so successful during the Spring into Horror Read-a-Thon. But I read a ghost book, so that counts, right?
* I am not purchasing any more books until after BEA (except for my 2 preordered books, but they don’t count). I have more than enough books to occupy my time, plus my mom has been hounding me to read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest.
* Every time I go to the Post Office it’s an adventure. I went to mail 2 envelopes and a package from me and 2 packages from work. Everything was already paid for except for one package. I got there at 4:45 and the girl behind the counter rolled her eyes when I walked up to the counter with all my stuff. Uncool. Then we had to play the “How do you want to mail your package” game.
Me: “Whatever way is cheapest”
Me: “No, I’m sorry, whatever way is cheapest”
Her: “Well, you can send it for $3.15 but that takes 7-10 days for delivery and there is no confirmation or tracking on the package.”
Me: (breathing in and breathing out) “I don’t need tracking or confirmation on the package I need to send it the cheapest way possible”
Her: (looking at me like I’m the crazy one) “OK would you like any stamps or packing supplies today?”
Me: (Handing her $3.15 and ignoring the question.)
What are you spending Sunday’s in bed with?
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Moving… but don’t worry, I’ll still be around! - February 20, 2017
- Review * #famous by Jilly Gagnon - February 13, 2017
- Review * My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - February 6, 2017