The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 13th and runs through Sunday, August 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 5.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. -From the Bout of Books 5.0 team
I had a lot of fun participating in Bout of Books 4.0 and I was thisclose to meeting my goals. My goals are the same this time so I’m fairly confident that I’ll be able to meet my goals and perhaps surpass them. If you haven’t already signed up it’s not too late!
Time Devoted to Reading
I am planning on reading a little bit each day, but Tuesday and Sunday will be my biggest reading days because I am planning on devoting all my free time to do so!
- I plan on reading at least 4 books. I had a dismal start to the month due to the Olympics (which have been incredibly exciting!) so I hope to make some of that up this week.
- I also want to spend some time interacting with fellow bloggers. UPDATE 8/9: In an effort to be more specific… I plan on commenting on at least 10 different blogs a day.
Books to Read
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman
- Origin by Jessica Khoury
- Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
- Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr
- Missing Rebecca by John Worsley Simpson
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
As always, this list is subject to change based on whatever I’m feeling!
**Thank you to the two lovely commenters who pointed out that The Diviners is a really big book. I’ve taken it off my list, mostly because they are right, it is a really big book. :)
Template provided by Bout of Books.
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Moving… but don’t worry, I’ll still be around! - February 20, 2017
- Review * #famous by Jilly Gagnon - February 13, 2017
- Review * My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - February 6, 2017