Hello there! I have debated back and forth on participating in Armchair BEA due to possible lack of time, but ultimately it sounds like fun so I’m doing it! For those of you that don’t know what Armchair BEA is you can click the picture above to read all about it at the official website, but basically it is a discussion of books and bookish things for those who are unable to attend Book Expo America. Here is my introduction so you can get to know me a bit better!
Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
My name is Kim and I’ve been blogging for a little over 18 months. I got into blogging because I met Kate (Midnight Book Girl) at book club and she was talking about this 24 hour readathon thing and I thought it sounded interesting so I decided to participate. She said readathons are most fun with a blog so the Friday before readathon I created one and I met some awesome people and I liked talking about books so I kept right on blogging!
Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location. Feel free to share pictures.
I live in the great
state commonwealth of Virginia! I moved here 6 years ago this week and I don’t regret it for a second! I love being so close to:
Some interesting things about Virginia.
- Richmond was the capital of the Confederacy, and from Richmond on down you are in The South. Being part of The South is taken VERY seriously.
- When people say that everything moves slower in The South that is not a lie.
- Between the Civil War and Colonization there are tons of historical places and battle fields to visit, if you’re into that kind of thing.
- Virginia is not a state, but a commonwealth. To be honest I still don’t actually understand the difference.
Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
I am a huge football fan. I was born and raised in Wisconsin and I’ve been a Packer fan all my life. Fall can be a difficult time for me because I have to choose between my two favorite things: Books and football.
If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
This is a tough one but I’m going to go with Sophie Kinsella. I love pretty much all her books and she never fails to make me laugh and smile (and sometimes tear up) while reading. She’s also British, which is awesome.
What is your favorite part about the book blogging community?
The people! Prior to book blogging I discussed books with only a handful of people, and even that was rare. Now I get to discuss books all the time, and with such awesome people! I have met so many new people, people who I consider friends, through blogging. I can’t imagine life without them. I also love how book blogging has opened me up to so many excellent books that I wouldn’t have discovered otherwise.
I look forward to a week of awesome bookish discussions and meeting new people!
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Moving… but don’t worry, I’ll still be around! - February 20, 2017
- Review * #famous by Jilly Gagnon - February 13, 2017
- Review * My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - February 6, 2017