Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the awesome people at The Broke and Bookish, who love lists as much as I do!
Top Ten Top Ten Things I Am Thankful For
1. My family: I have a pretty awesome family and they have been extremely supportive of me this year throughout all my classes and starting my first year of teaching. I don’t know where I would be without them.
2. My book club: I have a seriously kick-ass book club. We are an eclectic bunch with different tastes in books and we have awesome discussions. What more can you ask for?
3. All those who have answered the phone to listen to my crazy: Brad, Brenda, Kate, Courtney, Laura, Jan and Kevin. I owe them lots for tolerating me this year!
4. My new coworkers: I couldn’t have asked for a better group of coworkers for my first year of teaching. They are incredibly helpful and do what they can to help me be successful. I’m especially grateful to my mentor who has not only allowed me to vent, but validates the fact that I am a teacher not a tutor and reminds me that I can’t help a student who won’t first help themselves.
5. My students: I’m thankful for all my students and I hope that I am giving them the best education possible. I love seeing the look on their faces when they figure something out. I love it even more when they are proud of the fact that they did it!
6. Reading: I’m thankful that I know how to read and that I have so many books at my disposal. And not to rub it in, but I am also grateful that I can read fast!
7. Quality of Books: I’ve read so many amazing books this year. I only have 5 books rated below three on GoodReads, and I feel like that is a good representation of how I feel about the books this year. I don’t know if it’s because I’m better at picking out books for me or if it’s because I’m lucky, but either way I’ll take it.
8. Audiobooks: This was the year that audiobooks really took off for me. I was a resister, but now I’m a lover, though I do not love the fact that the audible app has been giving me trouble lately. I have put in a lot of listening hours and I am not willing to part with my stats!
9. Blogging Friends: I’m thankful for all my blogging friends, especially knowing that I’ve been mostly in and out since school started.
10. My Neighbors: They have done some yard work for me and I will be forever grateful (and I’m paying them back in pumpkin pie).
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Moving… but don’t worry, I’ll still be around! - February 20, 2017
- Review * #famous by Jilly Gagnon - February 13, 2017
- Review * My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - February 6, 2017