Narrated by Amy Rubinate
Series: The Selection #3
Published by HarperTeen on May 6, 2014
Genres: Dystopian, Young Adult
Time: 7 Hours 25 Minutes
Also in this series: The Selection
Add to: Goodreads
The Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she entered the competition to become the next princess of Illéa, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen--and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice . . . and she's prepared to fight for the future she wants.
Find out who America will choose in The One, the enchanting, beautifully romantic third book in the Selection series!
What I Thought…
- It was good for what it was, but it wasn’t all that. For those of you not in the know, that’s a quote from Sister Act II, which pretty much sums up this series. If you read the first two and expect the same then you will enjoy The One just fine.
- To sum some things up: America is still whining, Aspen is still seriously annoying, and Maxon needs to just get on with The Selection.
- I won’t discuss who she chooses, but I do feel like the epilogue was lacking considering that this series is a romance with a side of dystopian.
- I knew something was up even back in The Selection about why her name was America, but that didn’t make it any less cringe worthy when all the things started to come together.
- I did like how The One ended, though I wish the ending and the big showdown had been a bit… bigger I guess, but I’m not surprised that it wasn’t.
Overall, if you’ve read The Selection and The Elite, The One is a must read!
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Moving… but don’t worry, I’ll still be around! - February 20, 2017
- Review * #famous by Jilly Gagnon - February 13, 2017
- Review * My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - February 6, 2017