Series: Lux #4
Published by Entangled Teen on August 27, 2013
Genres: Science Fiction, Young Adult
Also in this series: Obsidian, Onyx, Opposition
Add to: Goodreads
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.
After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.
All Katy can do is survive.
Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?
Together, they can face anything.
But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?
And will they even be together?
What I Thought…
• Origin is my favorite in the series so far. We’ll see what happens in Opposition but Armentrout has her work cut out to beat Origin!
• Orgin was pretty fast paced, and kept me guessing as to what would happen next. There is also more information about what’s going on in Daedalus (it’s not good) and more info about the Lux, Arum and other extraterrestrial business.
• This is really the first time that I felt a lot of alien vibes in the series. I’m not a fan of aliens, but these ones are alright I guess so this are essentially just like humans, but with powers. Which I guess is my issue with the aliens. I find it hard to believe that an alien species from a planet far, far away would look just like humans, and be able to act just like humans and all that jazz. I just don’t buy that kind of alien, however it works for me because it’s the only kind of alien I can handle.
• TRUST NO ONE. EVER.
• Seriously, you can’t trust anyone. Between the last book and this one there was so much backstabbing and deviousness, it was crazy.
• The ending killed me. There was so much that I did not expect. View Spoiler »The deaths of Ash and Andrew were the worst. The worst. They already lost Adam and to lose them too was just awful. Though I am kind of glad she killed off Ash after she killed off Andrew because I don’t think Ash would have been ok by herself. « Hide Spoiler Origin had a big reveal, which I saw coming, and then a cliffhanger of an ending!
Overall I can’t wait to read the conclusion to the Lux series, I must know what happens next!
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Moving… but don’t worry, I’ll still be around! - February 20, 2017
- Review * #famous by Jilly Gagnon - February 13, 2017
- Review * My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - February 6, 2017