I received this book for free from the publisher via BEA in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Published by Poppy on October 21, 2014
Genres: Contemporary, Young Adult
Add to: Goodreads
The romantic story of a girl who gets plucked from obscurity to star in the next major feature film franchise based on a book and the ensuing love triangles she gets entangled in on—-and off screen.
Meet Paige Townsen, Rainer Devon, and Jordan Wilder…
When Paige Townsen, a young unknown, gets cast in the movie adaptation of a blockbuster book series, her life changes practically overnight. Within a month, Paige has traded the quiet streets of her hometown for a crowded movie set on the shores of Maui, and is spending quality time with her co-star Rainer Devon, one of People’s Sexiest Men Alive. But when troubled star Jordan Wilder lands the role of the other point in the movie’s famous love triangle, Paige’s crazy new life gets even crazier.
In this coming-of-age romance inspired by the kind of celeb hookups that get clever nicknames and a million page views, Paige must figure out who she is – and who she wants – while the whole world watches.
What I Thought…
• I know that there have been some mixed reviews for Famous in Love, but I enjoyed it.
• Paige lands a part in a major movie from a book as an unknown. I’ve read books with actors/actresses as the main character before but this felt a bit different, probably be cause Paige wasn’t always in the movie business and she was learning things as the story progressed. Paige was likeable and had some real struggles with who she was/wanted to be, as well as which boy to choose.
• Rainer and Jordan are the two guys, and yes this is a love triangle. A real one too, not a twilight one. Paige struggles with making her choice as she has feelings for both guys.
• This is a rare case for me in which I actually like both Rainer and Jordan. Neither are perfect but they aren’t bad either. Normally once guy sticks out to me as the obvious choice but throughout the book I could see this going either way, and I had a hard time settling on a choice myself.
• What stuck out the most for me was Paige’s friendship with Cassandra and Jake. The three of them have been friends for a long time, but when Paige leaves for Hawaii to start filming things change. Moving to another state for a period of time to film obviously has effects on friendship and I thought they way things happened and how they played out were very realistic.
• I’m not 100% sold on Paige’s choice of boyfriend, mostly for her reasons for making the choice.
• I didn’t know until I went to write my review that Famous in Love is going to be a series, which given the ending makes a lot more sense.
Overall I enjoyed Famous in Love and would recommend it to people who love books about actors/actresses.
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Moving… but don’t worry, I’ll still be around! - February 20, 2017
- Review * #famous by Jilly Gagnon - February 13, 2017
- Review * My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - February 6, 2017