Series: Vampire Academy #1
Published by Razorbill on August 23, 2011
Genres: Paranormal, Young Adult
Also in this series: Vampire Academy Series
Add to: Goodreads
After two years on the run, best friends Rose and Lissa are caught and returned to St. Vladimir’s Academy, a private high school for vampires and half-bloods. It’s filled with intrigue, danger—and even romance.
Enter their dark, fascinating world through a new series of 144-page full-color graphic novels. The entire first Vampire Academy novel has been adapted for book one by Leigh Dragoon and overseen by Richelle Mead, while the beautiful art of acclaimed British illustrator Emma Vieceli brings the story to life.
What I Thought…
• I fell in love with the Vampire Academy books over the summer and the graphic novel was tossed into my lap during readathon, so I thought why not?
• I enjoyed the glimpse that it gave me into the book. I didn’t actually read Vampire Academy, I watched the movie and then jumped into the second book so it gave me a different perspective than the movie, which I liked.
• For the most part I liked the graphic novelization of Vampire Academy, though there were things that made me scratch my head View Spoiler »In particular the almost sex scene between Dimitri and Rose was quite a bit more graphic in the graphic novel then it was in the movie, and I’m told it wasn’t quite that way in the book either. « Hide Spoiler
• I was quite surprised to find the entire novel done in one 144 page graphic novel, which means there was a lot of stuff left out, even more so than in the movie.
Overall I enjoyed the graphic novel Vampire Academy and I think fans of the book would enjoy it.
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Moving… but don’t worry, I’ll still be around! - February 20, 2017
- Review * #famous by Jilly Gagnon - February 13, 2017
- Review * My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - February 6, 2017