I received this book for free from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Boomerang #2
Published by William Morrow on February 10, 2015
Genres: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Also in this series: Bounce
Add to: Goodreads
Hooking up is only the beginning of the fun in this sexy and irresistible second installment of the thrilling New Adult series, Boomerang.
Adam Blackwood has it all. At twenty-two, he’s fabulously wealthy, Ryan Gosling-hot and at the top of the heap in the business world. His life is perfect, until a scandal from his past resurfaces and knocks the tech wunderkind down, throwing his company, Boomerang, a hook-up site for millennials, into chaos.
Three years ago, Adam married his high school love—and then lost her in a tragic accident. Now, the heartbreak and guilt he’s tried to bury with work and women begins to take over his life.
Alison Quick, the twenty-one-year-old daughter of a business tycoon—and the very ex-girlfriend of Boomerang’s former intern, Ethan—has a problem of her own. She’s got one chance to prove to her father that she deserves a place in his empire by grabbing control of Boomerang and taking Adam down.
But as Alison moves in on him, armed with a cadre of lawyers and accountants, she discovers there’s much more to Adam and Boomerang than meets the eye. Will earning her father’s approval come at the price of losing her first real love? It appears so, unless Adam can forgive her for wrecking his life and trying to steal his livelihood. But Alison hopes that old adage is right. Maybe love can conquer all.
What I Thought…
• First of all, I love this cover. If they could get rid of the lips it would be absolutely perfect.
• I was a bit surprised to see that Rebound featured Alison, but I’m a fan of seeing characters redeem themselves so I was eager to get my hands on Rebound.
• Adam was just as you would expect if you read Boomerang. Despite the fact that he made a fortune in his early 20’s his earlier life experiences have kept him grounded. He married young and his wife died, which is something that Adam is desperate for the world not to find out.
• It was hard to like Alison, but she did pull me around at the end. She’s your typical spoiled rich girl trying to make daddy proud of her, which in her case certainly isn’t easy to do. She did redeem herself by the end, but it was a long and bumpy road.
• Adam’s side of the story was much more interesting to me than Alison’s. Alison’s fell a bit flat for me and I didn’t much care either way if she worked her stuff out or not. Adam on the other hand I wanted him to figure things out, get his act together and be able to move on with his life and be happy.
• My favorite character in Rebound was by far Adam’s younger brother Grey. He added an interesting dynamic to the story and you got little snippets into the issues he has.
Overall Rebound is a good follow up to Boomerang and I’m excited to read Bounce, which hopefully features Adam’s younger brother Grey!
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Moving… but don’t worry, I’ll still be around! - February 20, 2017
- Review * #famous by Jilly Gagnon - February 13, 2017
- Review * My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - February 6, 2017