Series: A Wicked Saga #1
Published by Self Published on December 8, 2014
Genres: New Adult, Paranormal Romance
Add to: Goodreads
Things are about to get Wicked in New Orleans.
Twenty-two year old Ivy Morgan isn’t your average college student. She, and others like her, know humans aren’t the only thing trolling the French Quarter for fun… and for food. Her duty to the Order is her life. After all, four years ago, she lost everything at the hands of the creatures she’d sworn to hunt, tearing her world and her heart apart.
Ren Owens is the last person Ivy expected to enter her rigidly controlled life. He’s six feet and three inches of temptation and swoon-inducing charm. With forest-green eyes and a smile that’s surely left a stream of broken hearts in its wake, he has an uncanny, almost unnatural ability to make her yearn for everything he has to offer. But letting him in is as dangerous as hunting the cold-blooded killers stalking the streets. Losing the boy she loved once before had nearly destroyed her, but the sparking tension that grows between them becomes impossible for Ivy to deny. Deep down, she wants… she needs more than what her duty demands of her, what her past has shaped for her.
But as Ivy grows closer to Ren, she realizes she’s not the only one carrying secrets that could shatter the frail bond between them. There’s something he’s not telling her, and one thing is for certain. She’s no longer sure what is more dangerous to her—the ancient beings threatening to take over the town or the man demanding to lay claim to her heart and her soul.
What I Thought…
• Wicked absolutely blew me away. I’m not even sure I have the words to review it, but I will do my best.
• I haven’t read a lot of fae books, so I don’t know much about the folklore in general, but the world that Armentrout created was fascinating and fun to learn about.
• Ivy is pretty bad ass. She fights and kills fae to protect earth and isn’t afraid to go after one or protect herself or her friends. This led to some slightly dangerous situations, but that’s one of the reasons why Wicked was so awesome.
• Ren. OMG. Definitely one of the hottest guys I’ve read in a book in a long, long time.
• As always Armentrouts writing is fantastic.
• Wicked was so intense and fun and sexy. It was hard to put it down, but I forced myself to take it slow.
• The end! Even though I figured out what the twist was it did not take away from the ending at all, if anything it ramped up the intensity. The wait for the next book is going to be killer!
Overall this my favorite Armentrout book to date and I really hope you read it!
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Moving… but don’t worry, I’ll still be around! - February 20, 2017
- Review * #famous by Jilly Gagnon - February 13, 2017
- Review * My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - February 6, 2017