I received this book for free from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Neon Dreams #3
Published by William Morrow on October 27, 2015
Also in this series: Loving Dallas
Add to: Goodreads
Fighting for redemption…
I've lived most of my life in darkness, beneath the shadows of secrets and addictions. The last thing I ever wanted to do was hurt the only girl I'd ever loved-the one who brought me into the light. In my entire life I'd made one promise-a promise I'd intended to keep. I've broken that promise and now I have to live with the fallout. Dixie Lark hates me, and I have to tell her that I love her. I also have to tell her a truth that might destroy us forever.
Can she love me even if she can't forgive me?
Learning to move on…
Gavin Garrison broke his promise to my brother and he broke my heart in the process. I may never love anyone the way I've loved him, but at least I won't spend my life wondering what if. We had our one night and he walked away. I'm finally beginning to move on when my brother's wedding and a battle of the bands brings us back together.
Our band is getting a second chance, but I don't know if I can give him one. How do you hand your heart back to the person who set it on fire once already?
What I Thought…
• Oh. My. God. Missing Dixie was one hell of an emotional roller coaster.
• While Gavin and Dixie start their relationship in Leaving Amarillo, it ends with them being apart, and that completely broke my heart because you know they belong together.
• Missing Dixie is dual narrated by Gavin and Dixie, which gives you so much more insight into Gavin and his childhood and how he became the person that he is. This is the part that wrecked me the most. There are just no words to describe this.
• Dixie is stronger in Missing Dixie. She knows what she wants and she isn’t tolerating Gavin or Dallas’s crap.
• Seriously it is really hard for me to articulate how I feel about Missing Dixie. It’s more than just a romance, it’s about life and change and it produced a lot of feels.
• I really enjoyed the epilogue. Sometimes they can be overly cheesy, but this one was perfect.
Overall this is one of the best books I’ve read in 2015 and I highly recommend this series to all the people!