Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the awesome people at The Broke and Bookish, who love lists as much as I do!
Top Ten Books I Enjoyed Recently (last yearish) That Weren’t My Typical Genre/Type of Book
I don’t read that much out of my comfort zone to be honest. Every so often I feel like I should make more of an effort, but unless it’s a book club pick, I usually don’t.
- The Martian by Andy Weir – SciFi is not my jam but OMG this book was awesome.
- Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufmann – Another SciFi book and also written in an unusual style. I think if hadn’t been written in the unusual style it would have been better than a three star read, but then it wouldn’t be as unique so…
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins – I’m not super big on mysteries as I find them sometimes frustrating but this one kept me going and I couldn’t put it down.
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman – As a rule I avoid books that make me cry like the plague, but I saw and enjoyed the movie so I gave it a shot and have no regrets.
What books did you enjoy outside your genre?
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Moving… but don’t worry, I’ll still be around! - February 20, 2017
- Review * #famous by Jilly Gagnon - February 13, 2017
- Review * My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - February 6, 2017