Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the awesome people at The Broke and Bookish, who love lists as much as I do!
Top Ten Freebie – Fun Facts about Moi!
I missed this one while I was on vacation and wanted to do it so… here we go! Some are book related some are not. Enjoy.
1. I have never proof read a paper I wrote. Way back in elementary school my mom would type my papers as I dictated to her and she would fix them up as we went. When I started typing my own papers I would give them to my mom to proofread. This went on through high school, college, my teacher certificate program, resumes, and cover letters.
2. I have tendinitis in my fingers and my right elbow. I used to play piano, which is the reason why I sometimes have trouble with my hands today. My elbow is a bit more of a mystery, but it’s a combination of how I sit in a car, my work at McDonald’s and my work on the computer.
3. Last year I got rid of almost 200 books that I owned. I made a promise that I would never go past my one bookshelf for my read bookshelf so I’ve culled a lot. I also culled a lot of TBR books that I know I’ll never read.
4. I don’t feel the same way about blogging as I used to. This one hurts a bit to admit, but I used to be bothered if I didn’t post, but now I’m not. My life priorities shifted and blogging is just not up there like it used to be. I still want to do it, I just don’t have it in me to build it up more.
5. I belong to the best book club in the history of ever. We’re more than just a book club, we’re friends and that’s what makes us so awesome.
6. I have Apiphobia, fear of bees. They make me panic and hyperventilate and all that jazz. Last year I got stung twice at the same time (by two bees or one bee twice) and it was actually not as terrible as it was in my head. You would think that would lesson my fear some but now I am afraid that I am allergic to bees, the first sting is usually free, it’s the second time you get stung that you learn if you are allergic or not. I’m not terrified I will get stung and no one will be around.
7. I used to have to own all the books in a series (preferably in the same format), but I’ve managed to let that go, especially for series I’m not in love with. Looking at my bookshelves I have a few first in series books, a few series that I have a mix of traditional and arcs and a few series that have mis-matched covers. The only one that actually bothers me is my ARC of This Shattered World has just a white spine. Drives me nuts!
8. I will never give away my copy of Wither by Lauren DeStefano. I will never read the rest of the series but damn that cover is one of the prettiest covers ever.
9. Despite my love for Harry Potter I don’t plan on reading Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. There are a few different reasons, but the biggest one is that given what I’ve heard about it already I don’t think it’s going to invoke those same feelings that the series did for me and I don’t want the memories I have of those feelings to go away.
10. I’ve started watching Supernatural, which I am enjoying despite the fact that I am a scaredy cat. Except one episode, that one instilled fear in me for about a week. But other than that… it’s all about Dean.
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Moving… but don’t worry, I’ll still be around! - February 20, 2017
- Review * #famous by Jilly Gagnon - February 13, 2017
- Review * My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - February 6, 2017