I received this book for free from the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Series: Heartbreaker Bay #3
Published by Avon on January 24, 2017
Genres: Adult, Contemporary Romance
Add to: Goodreads
There’s no such thing as a little in love…
Elle Wheaten’s priorities: friends, career, and kick-ass shoes. Then there’s the muscular wall of stubbornness that’s security expert Archer Hunt—who comes before everything else. No point in telling Mr. “Feels-Free Zone” that, though. Elle will just see other men until she gets over Archer . . . which should only take a lifetime . . .
There’s no such thing as a little in lust…
Archer’s wanted the best for Elle ever since he sacrificed his law-enforcement career to save her. But now that she’s earned happiness and success, Archer just wants Elle 24/7. Their chemistry could start the next San Francisco Earthquake, and Archer doesn’t want to be responsible for the damage. The alternative? Watch her go out with guys who aren’t him . . .
There is such a thing as…
As far as Archer’s concerned, nobody is good enough for Elle. But when he sets out to prove it by sabotaging her dates, she gets mad—and things get hot as hell. Now Archer has a new mission: prove to Elle that her perfect man has been here all along…
What I Thought…
• The tension between Elle and Archer ran high throughout the entire story. I loved how their backstory unfolded, it was just woven into the story, a little bit here, a little bit there until finally you knew what happened. To me that felt like such a natural way for the reader to find out the details, as they were remembering it, rather than just being told all the things.
• Sometimes Archer drove me crazy, but in the end he won me over. I get his need to want to protect Elle, but c’mon! That is generally not liked by anyone so he should not have been surprised to see that blow up in his face (more than once lol).
• Elle also had a fierce need to be independent. She’s worked hard to be that way, but sometimes you have to learn to accept help and Elle had a hard time with that.
• While Elle and Archer have a past, it’s a bit different from those typically featured in contemporary romances. It was nice to see what happened, how it shaped them, and how they came back together in the present.
• As always I enjoyed getting to know more of the characters, including Spence who I found adorable and hilarious and I can’t wait for him to get his own book. I really want him to get his own HEA. He needs it. I also enjoyed the reappearance of characters I’ve already met, and seeing what they’re up to.
• I wish that there was a bit more of Elle’s sister, but I also feel like she should get her own book (maybe with Spence???) so I’m ok with there not being more there if there is more of her in the future.
Overall another great addition to the Heartbreak Bay Series and one I would highly recommend!
Latest posts by Kimberly (see all)
- Moving… but don’t worry, I’ll still be around! - February 20, 2017
- Review * #famous by Jilly Gagnon - February 13, 2017
- Review * My (Not So) Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella - February 6, 2017