Series: Lux #2
Published by Entangled Teen on August 14, 2012
Genres: Science Fiction, Young Adult
Also in this series: Obsidian, Origin, Opposition
Add to: Goodreads
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…
Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…
The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.
But then everything changes…
I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?
No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…
Warning: There will be spoilers for the first book in the series, Obsidian.
What I Thought…
• It’s quite possible the romantic tension between Katy and Daemon will kill me. There is so much and I just want to yell at them to get over it already.
• Katy is going through lots of weird stuff in Onyx. After Daemon healed her in Obsidian she is having some very uncomfortable after effects.
• There is a new student at school, Blake. I was really worried that this was going to turn into a love triangle, but even though it kind of almost was a love triangle, it really wasn’t. Every time she was with Blake she was thinking about Daemon.
• Daemon does quite a bit of changing in Onyx. He’s still a bit of jerk, but since he’s decided to stop fighting his attraction to Katy he’s being much nicer. He goes through a couple of not so nice phases, but you kind of understand why.
• TRUST NO ONE!!!!
• Seriously, Armentrout does not allow you to fully trust anyone. Things can change on a dime.
• We see a lot more of the other Luxen siblings, Adam, Andrew and Ash. Ash was impossible in Obsidian, but I’ve come around to her a bit in Onyx. I like that the Luxen themselves are like a family and will protect one another the best they can.
• My heart broke a little bit at the end. It’s just not fair for authors to do that! View Spoiler »I was upset enough about Adam, but the whole thing with Will and her mom broke my heart a little more. Her mom doesn’t need more suffering. « Hide Spoiler
• I still feel that aliens that look like humans is a bit of a cop out, but I suppose that’s the only way that you could get this whole human/alien thing to work. I guess the reason why these alien books work so well for me is because I don’t really feel like I’m reading about aliens, which is fine with me as I don’t really like them. (I also really like that we’re just chillin on planet earth).
Overall Onyx is a great second book in the series and I can’t wait to read the rest!